It was March 21st, 2014 when mine and my family’s life was turned upside down, with mine almost taken. We were raising baby chicks at our house for me to show in 4-H. In late March, we decided that it was warm enough for the chicks to live outside in their little tub, however, we kept a heating lamp on them because Indiana weather is so unpredictable. The lamp was heated by an extension cord that ran from outside on our front porch, under our front door and into our house. In the middle of the night on the 21st, around 3:30 A.M., the extension cord experienced a malfunction that caused the cord to burst in a flame.